返回列表 发新帖
楼主: farfloat
打印 上一主题 下一主题

写给snowspring

[复制链接]
11#
发表于 2012-12-13 23:02:55 | 只看该作者
本帖最后由 snowspring 于 2012-12-13 23:04 编辑

Wow what powerful writings Farfloat!  I feel very humble and I am very appreciative of your sharing.  

I totally agree that life is to be lived.  What else can you do?  Age in itself may limit our mobility and ability to do the things we want to do but we should always be able to find things that we can do.  The boby and the mind are interesting possessions - the more you use them and test them the more capable it becomes.   But use them and not abuse them - they will be your best friend yet.

During the 3 day Ski Convention this year in Tremblant there was one day I ski with three other instructors with Simon Holden - the level 4 CSIA and Level CASI 4 from Glen Eden. Three of us are about the same age but the fourth one is 85!  He was a level 3 since 1976 and he became all our hero.     It was not easy for him to keep up with our speed because of our younger albeit still rather used legs but his preserverance and the spirit to play and have fun inspired us all.  He has been a member of the Alliance for 54 years.  Simon is specially respectful of him.  We all feel if we were 85 and could ski like him we would be extremely grateful.  He still work at the ski hill, I think.

Because this is the 75 anniversary of the CSIA many people who had contributed to the ski industry/sport were honoured and we saw a parade of skiers in our program.   That include the Wurtele sister ( twins) who were the first women to represent Canada in the Olympics.  They are now 95 years old and they did skydiving as their birthday present.  They look young and agile and I think life long involvement in skiing contribute to that.  One of their sons Bruce Eaves is a level 4 Examiner and Coach working out of Tremblant and was member of the Demo team for Canada.    There are many others that made the  Honour roles including Eric Guay's father Conrad who was the ski director of Tremblant for many years.  Also Eric Guay was present as well.  Many international stars also appeared on a video congratulating the ski pros of canada - the CSIA for its 75 birthday and it contribution to skiing in the world - including Bode Miller, Lindsy Vonn etc.   It was great to see 400 people during the banquet at Fairmont Hotel at Mont Tremblant that night.

One thing I learn from joining the CSIA is not just skiing.  I made a lot of friends.  Every year I go back to the convention I see so many of the same people - year after year.  We gather together for the love of the sport, and or the love of sharing the sport with the public.   We enjoy learning new techniques in teaching and skiing.  That builds up a bond hard to break.

Same with the friends in this Forum.   I saw BP's video today and I am so impressed.  Everyone has improved so much and there is so much enthusiasm.  You can feel it as you watch the video.  This is similar to what I feel when I go to the CSIA convention.  I see the ski pros keeping improving year after year.  It is so much fun.  Hard to go home.            

点评

I saw you video - looks good too! Congratulations and keep those legs moving!  发表于 2012-12-14 08:23
awsome! thanks for sharing~  发表于 2012-12-14 06:04
12#
发表于 2012-12-14 09:50:12 | 只看该作者
snowspring 发表于 2012-12-13 23:02
Wow what powerful writings Farfloat!  I feel very humble and I am very appreciative of your sharing. ...

感动~~~~~

点评

Thanks and maybe will see you on Quebec slopes some time.  发表于 2012-12-14 19:05
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|SkiChinese  

GMT-5, 2024-5-3 20:55 , Processed in 0.037554 second(s), 22 queries .