Login

免注册即享有会员功能

搜索
查看: 2527|回复: 0

SIA Austria: should I shorten my ski poles

[复制链接]
发表于 2022-4-11 08:58:30 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 太極滑雪 于 2022-4-14 11:20 编辑

“What do I reckon about poles?” Well, given that modern days’ short shaped skis and new way of turning, “turning by turn shape,” ,
unless you are a bumper/mogul skier, or for some specified reasons want to use poles, for us general recreational skier, poles are getting obsolete [at least, in America, more and more people start to ski without poles], and the new way of turning, “turning by turn shape,” not that needs no pole plant, the pole plant disrupts the turn shape, so, no need to mess around the size of poles, just simply get rid of them, or not using them while skiing. As you gentlemen said, pole-plant is a complicated movement, wrong time, wrong place and wrong size poles are the major causes the imbalances, if not crashes, and pole plant disrupts the flow of the body movements, pole plant may help in skiing, but leaves a lot to be desired, get rid of pole plant you get rid of all those problems.  No pole plant makes you better balanced as all work/power are done on the legs, so a better skier. We ski without poles for years, only pick them up as we get older... and we need poles to walk on the lift lines, sigh.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|SkiChinese  

GMT-5, 2024-3-28 05:19 , Processed in 0.037500 second(s), 22 queries .