Login

免注册即享有会员功能

搜索
查看: 1306|回复: 0

Is skiing really that hard?

[复制链接]
发表于 2021-6-13 08:50:53 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 太極滑雪 于 2021-6-13 10:15 编辑

“Is skiing really that hard? Andy and I talk through the fundamentals of learning to ski and discuss how difficult It can be for some people. Why is it that some people really struggle during the early stages and give up and others find it relatively easy.”

Hi gentlemen, funny that ever since I read one of you guys’ video “Why can’t I ski like him?” to respond a online post in a skiing forum, Youtube started to send/recommend you guys’ videos to me, and I appreciate you guys’ candid analysis. I’m a Taichi Skier, study the Tao/Way/principals of skiing, so, I’ll be very interesting to see how “other school” talking about skiing, maybe we can compare notes, so I might learn something? Skiing is easy, but I think it is complicated by you western teaching system, which starts by teaching “wedge” skiing, easy to learn and easy to show-off, so the newbie learn fast, good for business. Then most of them would get stuck later when they try to ski from wedge skiing to parallel skiing, that little wedge may take a life-time effort to break. “Direct to parallel” is much more efficient system, I have taught a never-ever newbie to parallel turns in three hours,
( As the video show a newbie learns how to ski, not much to watch, but the proof is at the end of the video, maybe just skip over to the end to view it.)  Not saying that he has learned parallel skiing, but he won’t have any problem to try to get rid of that ugly wedge later. While try to reach the highest level skiing is very hard, but once there, the skiing becomes very simple and fun again, like walking—one step one turn, and one turn one breathing (inhale and exhale)—never rush and never run off breathes. By the way, it is how I used to skiing,
. Have fun.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|SkiChinese  

GMT-5, 2024-4-18 14:15 , Processed in 0.037306 second(s), 22 queries .